Easythumb is an alternative to the complete Webthumb API. It has a smaller featureset but only requires a single GET request and supports caching thumbnails on Webthumb's servers.
Easythumb has 2 rates, for non-cached thumbnails the charge is 1 credit. For cached thumbnails the rate is .05 credits per delivery.
- Endpoint: http://webthumb.bluga.net/easythumb.php
- user: Your Webthumb user_id available on your user page
- url: Site to thumbnail, make sure to urlencode this
- size: Size of the thumbnail to return
- cache: The # of days old a cached version of the thumbnail can be - 1 to 30
- hash: The security hash components are covered below
The security hash is an md5 hash encoded in hexidecimal containing the following concatenated together
- current date: The current date in GMT/UTC formated as YYYYmmdd (in PHP this is the gmdate function)
- url: The url to thumbnail not urlencoded
- apikey: Your Bluga.net apikey
Any example request looks like:
Easythumb requests return an image and include the Content-type headers so they can be used directly in an img tag